Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A bit of me and all that jazz ...

I'm a 24 yr old female, happily married to the love of my life.

I can say happily - cause the happy times outweigh the sad times. And besides, every marriage has obstacles - right????????

Ok, back to me now.

My mother fell pregnant with me, when she found out that my father was planning on leaving us. I'm the last born and have one older sister and two older brothers.

When I was born on 2 August 1984, ten days later my father left our home. Two years later, they got divorced. It was tough on my mother trying to raise 4 young kids on her own. Can you picture trying to raise 4 children: 2 teenagers and 2 LO's and being unemployed. But, she survived, cause she is a truly remarkable woman of God. Mommy I love you ALOT, you will always be a part of my life!

My father on the other hand married his wife who had 2 children from a previous relationship. Sometimes I wonder why would a man leave his wife and kids to become a father to someone else's children? Why would he let his blood children suffer and support someone else's children? I wont say I hate my father, I just dont have his time and I dont think I'll ever have it. We do talk to each other, I hear him, but I dont listen.

In this 24yrs on earth, not once has he been there for me.

When I was 16 I had my son. I was young and naive and inlove?
When my son turned 5 months old me and his father split and its like history is repeating itself as my son's father also doesnt have his time. I know how my son feels, though he doesnt understand fully. But now, now God has given me someone to call my own and who loves me and my son - my husband!

Well in the last couple of weeks things have been tough in my marriage, but I still believe that God sits on the throne of our marriage.

Today, I'm filled with peace and contentment.

PS: Randall and Devandre - I love you guys with all my heart!

Christmas countdown