Monday, December 8, 2008

Giving thanks

As I sit here and reflect back on this past year, I believe I have alot to be thankful for.

Thankful for my family and friends, that are always by my side to guide me and listen.
Thankful for D, for being the great son he is.
Thankful for my mother, for being my pillar of strength, my shoulder to cry on.
Thankful for my cyber friends (OPM), for being the strong women they are and for always having kind words to say to me.
Thankful for R, for making me realise that Rome wasn't built in a day and that with love comes patience.
Thankful to God, for giving me all these wonderful people in my life, for blessing me with people who love me, who cares about me and blessing me with a wonderful job, a roof over my head, clothes on my back and not letting me go hungry.

So now I'm thinking this year started off bad and I let negativity control my life.
The car crash we had, the sickness, the 'infertility' problems, the family feuds, the feuds with friends, my in-laws, my marriage drama.
I let the devil get the upper hand in my life... So now I'm casting all my worries unto God.

God has been great though I let the bad times outweigh the good times. He still sits on the throne.

He has blessed me with so much already and I know He still has alot more in store for me, my family and friends.

Just a quick update on my weekend:

Me, D and R had a ball and it felt so good being together again. D and R are crazy about each other and I know R wants to be with us, but he is letting his mother control him too much.

We prayed together and we promised each other that we will finish this year off with joy and start the new year afresh.

Trust in God and His promise!

PS: thank you to all the wonderful people in my life, love you all!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

My friend, I pray that 2009 will be a better year for you!

And thank you for you!

Christmas countdown