Thursday, January 29, 2009

For Devandre


Son
by Glenda J. Harshberger


As I bear you from my womb

all the love And joy filled the room.

As I held you my arms formed a cocoon.

As I watched you sleeping peacefully at Night.

Oh what mental pictures forever In my sight

and asked god forever be His light.


As the years go by I can hardly

Remember when you were that little guy.

With all your smiles and all those whys

Curiosity and questions will never end

Just like the sky.


Now it's time I must realize for you to Run and play,

oh I promise not to be in Your way,

but moms feels protective and

“Be careful” they always say.


For all your boyish adventures and Lessons learned,

I will grow and so Will you,

but the memories I have of You and you of me

will seem just new

Before you know it you'll have a little One that says goo-goo


No comments:

Christmas countdown