Monday, November 16, 2009

A blog is a blog is a blog

I’ve always thought of a blog as a recipe … you know the stork ad where the lady says something along the lines of blogs … LOL

I really always thought that it must be recipes being shared or a secret recipe… that was until I discovered OPM where some of the ladies had blogs … I remember that Lilian was the first one to introduce us to the world of blogging … I was still scared of starting my own blog and to tell you the truth I was clueless as to where to start …

Somehow I started getting the picture that a blog is an online diary, just that if you chose too, it could become public property … for a few days I just followed her blog and remember her blog as being busy (I guess we all start of that way, I also started posting up to 3 posts a day, however this has all changed). Then I discovered Natalie’s blog and was so enticed with her blog that sometimes if she didn’t post I would get so upset … LOL following blogs used to be my daily bread until I decided to start my own one ..

At first I was confused and so scared to post anything on my blog … in fact I did not know where to start or what to base my blog on … then it hit me maybe I should blog about my life … about anything or everything … after all that is what a blog was used for right?

We started exchanging blog addresses and soon I started getting followers to my blog and I started following everyone else’s blog … it was awesome reading up on what everyone has gotten up to … it still is, although sometimes I’m too busy to follow anyone’s blog …

The gadgets we could add to our blogs was just as great … I felt like a kid in a candy shop and then I started getting addicted to creating a blog that today I have 5 blogs that I manage …

Ok so the other ones might not be open to the public, but watch this space soon it will be, especially since I can just mail my blogs, which means life or posting would be much more easier …

Why or how did you start a blog?

 

2 comments:

Rentia said...

I used to have a diary but did not have time to write in it and now I can blog while I work so it makes it easier.

Maybe I started a blog because I am scared that when I am old sitting on the stoep that I will forget some of the pieces of my life that I remember now, so I write about as much as I can remember now.

Or if I die tomorrow then my children could at least have a piece of my life on file.

I will read your blog till I am 80 KIm lol

Kim said...

LOL ... only til 80?

Christmas countdown