Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Update

Well once again I have to update all my readers and commentators ...

I have been on leave, as you know, and was supposed to be back on the 15 April, but decided to extend my leave, as I had a few issues to sort out. I came back yesterday, but was flooded with work and still am, but I decided to take a break so that I can update you all, my dear friends.

I had so much fun while on leave, even though we stayed at home. Here is what my diary looked like, just to give you an idea:

Monday, 6 April:

Did some rather overdue spring cleaning and was tired when night came. Also, made some pickled fish to store in the fridge until Good Friday.

Tuesday, 7 April:

Changed all the bedding on the beds and then we were off to the movies. Me and Varney went to watch Monsters VS Aliens. Quite a good movie and we were the only ones in the cinema so we had lotsa fun. We then went shopping afterwards and had something to eat.

Wednesday, 8 April:

we chilled at home and watched some movies, I coloured my hair to red and I washed and blow dried it and then we coloured some Easter colouring pages.

Thursday, 9 April:

I sorted out some few things for the weekend and bought some things we had run out of and then I just relaxed with a Mills & Boons novel, which I finished by Saturday.

Friday, 10 April (Good Friday):

We spent some time with family and had some wonderful fish and mushroom bake.

Saturday, 11 April:

We had a few friends over and just enjoyed each others company.

Sunday, 12 April:

Easter egg hunt for Varney and off to hire some more movies. Did not feel like doing much and felt for no visitors even though we had some uninvited guests, who probably got the drift that we did not want any visitors as they left within 1/2 hour.

Monday, 13 April:

Movies, movies, Easter eggs, movies, Easter eggs.

Tuesday, 14 April:

Getting Varney ready for school, cutting his hair, making sure everything is in his school bag, checking his school clothes, etc.

Wednesday, 15 April - 17 April:

Had a few things to attend to.

Well that's my diary in a nutshell and here is an update on us ...

Varney:

Not coping at school with his reading and numeracy. We have decided that we going to make much more effort on this matter starting with us drawing up a checklist for him and then he has to read 2 pages of his storybook and then we got him some story books and maths books and I am thinking of getting him Bio-Strath. Other then that he is a happy chappy. Schoolwork was not an issue last year or the year before and I'm trying to put a finger on what changed this year. Guess it has something to do with the bullies or the fact that he plays too much play station even though he is limited to weekends only and this has been taken away from him.

Randy:

Well, I thought my husband was coping with the emotions of TTC, after all it was him that wanted us to try again so badly, hence me buying us the Fertile XX and XY. But, when my friend called him last week to tell me that she is pregnant again, with baby no. 3, unplanned, I guess he just couldn't handle it. Well I guess that and 24 months of TTC is enough for him too handle and men cant deal with heartache as much as women can.... which boils down to ...

... Me:

I am in my last official 2WW and if nothing happens this month, we throwing in the towel. I have decided that it wont be fair if I want to keep on trying and DH is just not in the mood to. So we had a talk last night, after he mailed me to tell me how he feels, and we have decided to rather just enjoy each other and have stress-free nookie, rather than timed cycles and having to tell DH "not tonight, cause we had sex last night and we should only have sex every second day". So , maybe and this is a BIG maybe we will try next year again, that is if we feel up to it. But for now, we happy with just having Varney and we taking it one day at a time and for the first time in months I feel stress-free and content with our decision.

After our talk the Fertile XX and XY saw the bottom of the bin and the prenatal vitamins I will give to my friend tonight, when I go to visit her.

Well, I guess that is the end to our TTC journey and an update of my family and my leave.

Until we write again ...

Kim xoxoxo

No comments:

Christmas countdown