Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Daily thoughts and prayers

Verse: Romans 12:2

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed (changed) by the renewal of your mind, so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God [in His sight for you].

- The world places so much pressure on us.
- The temptation is to conform to its pressures.
- God's word tells us that we should allow Him to transform us.
- We can either believe what the world tells us or what God says.
- I choose to believe God and His word.

Prayer: Lord, forgive me for following the patterns and pressures of this world. I choose to be transformed and to believe You. Amen.

Verse: Isaiah 45:22

Look to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God and there is no other.

- To what are you looking for your answers?
- No one and nothing else should be your answer.
- Look to God and don't be distracted.
- He has the power to save and is able to help.

Prayer: Lord, I look to You. You are God and there is no other. I will trust in and rely on You alone. Amen.

Verse: Psalm 24:7-9

Open up and let the King of Glory in. Who is this King of Glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, invincible in battle. Yes, open wide the gates and let the King of Glory in.

- We need to open up the gates of our lives and let God in.
- This is what we need to do.
- We need to open up our lives to God.
- And then let Him into our lives.

Prayer: Lord, I open up my life to You. Come into my life and be the Lord of my life. Amen.

Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:10

For when I am weak in human strength, then am I truly strong, able and powerful in divine strength.

- God can use anything and any situation.
- He can even use us when we feel weak and powerless.
- His strength makes us strong.
- For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Prayer: Lord, I need Your strength today! Come and empower me with Your divine strength. Amen.

Verse: 2 Corinthians 13:11

Be strengthened; be encouraged, consoled and comforted; live in peace, and the God of love and the Author of peace will be with you.

- Receive His strength today.
- Be encouraged and encourage yourself in the Lord.
- Receive His comfort and peace today.
- God is with you!

Prayer: Lord, I receive ALL that You have made available to me. I rejoice to know that You are with me. Amen.

Verse: Psalm 40:11 (The Message)

Now God, don't hold out on me, don't hold back Your passion. Your love and truth are all that keeps me together.

- God will never withhold His tender mercy for you.
- You can have hope in God's unfailing love and faithfulness.
- God wants to protect and preserve you.
- Don't come apart - Let Him keep and preserve you!

Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your love and mercy towards me. Thank You that You are holding me. Amen.

No comments:

Christmas countdown