Monday, March 16, 2009

Daily thoughts and prayers

Verse: Psalm 94:18

When I said, my foot is slipping, Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, held me up.

- God can hold you up no matter what you are facing.
- Sometimes it can feel like we are slipping.
- Things can feel as if they are slipping out of our grip.
- Even then God wants to hold you up!

Prayer: Lord, help me when I start slipping and hold me up I pray. Amen.

Verse: Psalm 42:8

Yet day-by-day the Lord also pours out His steadfast love upon me.
- God's love for you is firm and unchanging.
- Every day God wants to pour His love on you.
- Allow Him to pour His love on you.
- There is a fresh supply of God's love for you today!

Prayer: Lord, I receive Your love for me today. Thank You for Your loving-kindness towards me. Amen.

Verse: Ezekiel 34:16

'I will bind up that which was broken and I will strengthen the weak (sick)!' says the Lord God.

- God is able to restore any situation or circumstance.
- God is an expert at taking what is broken and healing it.
- God is able to give strength to those who are weak or sick.
- Give it to God - He can make something beautiful out of it!

Prayer: Lord, I give You the areas of my life that are broken and weak. I ask You to intervene and bring healing and strength. Amen.

Verse: Isaiah 25:4O

Lord, You are a refuge from the storm. You are a shelter from the rain and the heat to the needy in distress. You have been a stronghold!

- Storms are part of life.
- BUT you have a refuge, a shelter and a stronghold.
- If life is battering you, run to your refuge.
- God's arms are always open to receive you!

Prayer: Lord, truly You are my refuge in the storms of life. Be my refuge, my shelter and my stronghold, I pray. Amen.

Verse: Jeremiah 39:18

'For I will surely deliver you, because you have put your trust in Me.' says the Lord.

- Trusting God brings reward.
- Doing our own thing brings problems.
- Because you trust God, you can expect to be delivered.
- Yes, God wants to come through for you!

Prayer: Lord, when all around me are challenges and threats, I will trust in You, knowing that You will deliver me. Amen.

Verse: Nehemiah 2:20

I answered them by saying, 'The God of heaven will give us success. We His servants will start rebuilding.'

- God wants to give you success.
- God does not want to see us fail or fall.
- BUT sometimes we must take that initial step and start.
- As you start rebuilding, expect God to bless what you do and give you success.

Prayer: Lord, help me as I rebuild those areas of my life that need rebuilding and give me success I pray. Amen.

Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:20

For God has bought you with a great price. So use every part of your body to give glory back to God.

- God has paid a great price for each one of us.
- This should affect the way we live our lives.
- The way in which we live should bring glory to God.
- Let everything you do bring glory to God!

DECLARATION: I will live my life in such a way, so as to bring glory to God in all I do!

Verse: Deuteronomy 20:4

The Lord your God is the one who goes WITH YOU to fight FOR YOU against your enemies to give you victory.

- This is an incredible scripture. Think about it.
- God goes WITH YOU to fight FOR YOU!
- When facing a battle it is always more difficult alone.
- With God you are not alone and He will bring you to a place of victory!

PRAYER: Lord, how great it is to know that You go with me to fight for me! Give me the victory I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Christmas countdown