Thursday, March 12, 2009

Letter to my son

Dear Devandre

I am sitting here thinking about you. About the way you laugh when we play, about the way you get so mad when I tease you, about the way you look at me when you sick and the way you admire me for being your mother. About how you always grab Daddy from behind to give him a big hug or the way you always sneak up to tickle me or Daddy.

These are all thoughts that brings tears of joy and a smile to my face. You are a remarkable young boy and as I stare at your picture on my desk next to my PC, I am overwhelmed by how strong you are.

You have been through alot at a mere age of 8. Keeping me on my toes and taking your temperature every 10 minutes when you sick. Feeling sick myself and not being able to concentrate on anything. You've been in and out of hospital since your birth and still you rise. From the sickness, from the pain ... to glory and to fame.

You are my little man and for you I would do anything and everything in my power. You have brought so much joy to my life and you have made Daddy mature into the fine man that he is today. (Though he might not have noticed or might have, but didn't know what to say.)

Its a joy and a privilege having you in my life through the sickness and the health and I will not trade it for anything in the world.

Sometimes you can make me so mad at other times sad, but then I think of what a miracle you are and I am filled with peace and love.

I will always love you and you will always be my little man.

All my love
Mom

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

That is so beautiful KP

Christmas countdown