Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update

Well I can happily say that my family is doing great. Except for the 'little' fights now and again everything seems to be ok.

We are looking for places to go on holiday, although it will only be in October with Randy's bday, we want to start planning now already. Especially with the economy looking so gloomy.

This will be our first family holiday and last night when I told Varney he turns and says to me "No, I don't wanna go. You can go on your own. I wanna live with mommy." (Mommy being my mother). Then I explained to him that our holiday is just for a weekend away and that seemed to make him eager to go. So we have decided on going to Koppisol and will be joined by our friends King and Tan and their daughter. So now it's off to planning for me.

So apart from all this hype in our lives there is the meningitis issue in JHB where 4 children have already passed on - RIP. Although I took Varney for a vaccination and trusting in God, I can't help but stress about this. I really hope and pray the government can be more considerate and do something about this. Some info on meningitis:

Signs and symptoms

Meningitis and septicaemia (blood poisoning) are not always easy to recognise, and symptoms can appear in any order. Some may not appear at all. In the early stages, the signs and symptoms can be similar to many other more common illnesses, for example flu.Trust your instincts. If you suspect meningitis or septicaemia, get medical help immediately.Early symptoms can include fever, headache, nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick), and muscle pain, with cold hands and feet.A rash that does not fade under pressure (see ‘The Glass Test’) is a sign of meningococcal septicaemia. This rash may begin as a few small spots anywhere on the body and can spread quickly to look like fresh bruises.
The spots or rash are caused by blood leaking into the tissues under the skin. They are more difficult to see on darker skin, so look on paler areas of the skin and under the eyelids. The spots or rash may fade at first, so keep checking. However, if someone is ill or is obviously getting worse, do not wait for spots or a rash to appear. They may appear late or may not appear at all.


The Glass Test

Spots or a rash will still be seen when the side of a clear drinking glass is pressed firmly against the skin

This past weekend me and Varney started scrapbooking and it was so much fun. We're not done yet, but as soon as we will be I will post some pictures. Scrapbooking really helps one relax.

Apart from that I am happy to announce that I have lost 1kg - Hooray!!!!!

The diet/lifestyle change is still going okay. I have started drinking multivitamins and have gotten Randy to drink some too.

All in all me and my family are doing great.

1 comment:

Martie xxx said...

Yippee, holiday! Sounds like fun! The whole Menig thing in JHB is realy scaring me too! RIP poor babies...xxx

Christmas countdown