Monday, June 1, 2009

The weekend

Well our weekend was great... although Varney is sick with flu.

So on Friday, I got home and spent some time with him. Nursing him and attending to his every need. We spent the night watching movies while he slept with his head on my thighs, as he did not want to fall asleep in his bedroom alone. When he finally slept I took him to his bed.

On Saturday morning we got up early and I phoned my friend (whose DH is a pharmacist) to get some medication for Varney. I then went to the pharmacy to get it and when I got home he was asleep again. So I finished cleaning (Mom was at a funeral) and Randy went shopping for veggies and then I got into bed again next to Varney.

What a mission it was to get him to eat so that I could give him medicine and when he didn't want food I gave him a yogi-sip and some juice, just so that he had something in his tummy. After his fever broke he was up and wanted to play playstation. Now because he is doing a bit bad at school, we don't actually want him concentrating on playstation too much. So DH's heart was breaking for his little man feeling so feint that he broke in and said yes he can play playstation.

We had a potjie planned for Saturday and wanted to cancel but decided to continue, so I was busy cleaning the veggies, while DH started the fire and Varney played playstation.

Saturday afternoon I decided to wash Varney so that he could put on clean PJ's and that I can rub his body with Puma Balm. He started crying and I could see that he was not feeling well at all. DH calmed him down and then carried him to the lounge so that he could lay on the couch and watch movies. Our guests arrived, but all my attention was with him so I was inside while everyone was laughing and enjoying each other's company outside.

Me and Varney went to bed at 8ish....

On Sunday we spent the day watching movies again and Varney looked much better, although I decided to keep him home today as it is so cold and I don't want his flu to get worse. Luckily my friend brought me some antibiotics for him.

OK that is our update for this past weekend ...

PS: join me tomorrow as I post one of my 'Blast from the Past'

2 comments:

Martie xxx said...

Sjoe what a weekend!

Hope e feels better!!

Rentia said...

hope he feels better soon

XXX

Christmas countdown